Good / Bad biodegradable glitter

Guilt free glitter love with biodegradable glitter!

 

I’m sure all of us have come across with the problems PET glitters are doing to our nature. And that is no wonder! When the tiniest glitter flakes end up in our drains, then waters and finally in the bellies of fishes, we should be worried.

Glitter has been my income for almost five years. I sell cosmetic glitter online and our team decorates people with glitter and face gems in all kinds of events. So that is why I think about glitter in nature all the time and want to tell our clients how they can make responsible choices also when it comes to cosmetic glitter!

The answer for guilt free glitter sessions is of course ecoglitter!

Biodegradable glitter is NATURE FRIENDLY, NON-TOXIC & CRUELTY FREE

 

So what is ecoglitter, biodegradable glitter? Ecoglitter is over 90% biodegradable cosmetic glitter which is made from sustainably sourced eucalyptys trees grown in European plantations. You can use ecoglitters just like any other cosmetic glitter, on your face, hair, body and nails! The products are completely non-toxic and GMO-free!

But for us, the best part is that ecoglitters are 92% plastic free. The remaining 8% is styrene acrylate, which works as a binder to keep all the ingredients together. Ecoglitter also contains 0,1% of aluminium which makes the glitter shine! All coloring is made with mineral-based colorants.

 

The problem with biodegradable glitter?

 

The only “issue” we have noticed with ecoglitter is that the shine is not as strong as it is in PET glitters. We definitely understand that sometimes you need that super shine, but most of the glittery days ecoglitters are completely ok! Ecoglitters are also wonderful as they are softer on skin, which is of course great for the smallest glitter lovers!

The most important memory rule for all glitter lovers is to remove glitter so that it does not end up in drains!

Have the best week! Any questions, send us a message!

// Tiina

 
Ps. Loads of guilt free glitter love inspiration in our instagram account!
All our ecoglitters are also sold in 15 ml glass jars
Share on facebook
Share on tumblr
Share on pinterest

Subscribe and
get -20%

HALLOWEEN SPECIALS

20% OFF with code halloqueeN
(any order over 25€)